What is HUMANITY?
HUMANITY is a new video on demand service which can be accessed with a monthly or weekly subscription. HUMANITY offers subscribers a wide and carefully chosen range of international reports and documentaries, many of which are award-winning. HUMANITY is available in the United Kingdom, France, Belgium (in French) and Germany and provides exclusive content for each country. To access the service, you must have a HUMANITY account and an active subscription.
How can I subscribe to HUMANITY?
You can subscribe to HUMANITY on the HUMANITY website, on the WATCH IT website or on the Android, Android TV and iOS applications.
How does the free trial work?
A monthly subscription to HUMANITY includes a free first week. If you’ve enjoyed using the service during this first week, your subscription will be automatically renewed for as long as you want.
Can I access all content once I’ve subscribed?
Once your HUMANITY subscription has been confirmed, you can view all of HUMANITY’s content. Access to HUMANITY’s content is guaranteed on the HUMANITY website and via the WATCH IT service, provided that you use the same login and password for your subscription.
How do I create a HUMANITY account?
There are several ways to create a HUMANITY account on the website:
- Click on Log In on the home page or in the side menu. On the Log In page, click on the Subscribe button and follow the instructions.
- Click on Subscribe To The Line Up in the side menu and follow the instructions.
Why do I need to create a HUMANITY account?
Creating a HUMANITY account is essential; without one, you won’t be able to benefit from your subscription on all the platforms which can access the service. A HUMANITY account also ensures that you’re the first to find out about any updates and improvements made to the service.
I already have a HUMANITY account with Watch It. Will it work on the website?
Yes! To access HUMANITY as part of the Watch It service, log in to the HUMANITY website with your WATCH IT login and password. Once you’ve logged in to the service, you’ll be able to take full advantage of your subscription.
I have an English (or French or German or Belgian account): can I access content available in other countries?
You can access the content available in the country in which you’ve subscribed to HUMANITY. So if you subscribe to HUMANITY in the United Kingdom, you’ll only have access to content available in the United Kingdom.
Can I use my subscription when abroad?
You can access your subscription when travelling to another country within the European Union; it’s just like accessing it at home.
How can I change my account password?
It couldn’t be simpler! Log in to the HUMANITY website with your current login/password. Once you’ve logged in, go to “My account” and click on “Change my password”. Enter your current password, followed by your new password. Confirm the change to complete the process.
I can’t log in to my account. What should I do?
If you can’t log in, please check the following:
- Make sure that you’re connected to the Internet
- Make sure that you’re using the right login/password
- If you’ve forgotten your password, please click on the “Forgotten password” button on the Log in page. If you still can’t log in, please contact our Technical Support team: [email protected]
The video won’t play. What should I do?
If your chosen content won’t play correctly, please check the following:
- Is your subscription still active?
- Are you connected to the Internet? If the problem persists, please contact our Technical Support team: [email protected].
How does HUMANITY’s billing work?
You will be billed depending on your chosen payment method:
- Operator payment: your subscription is billed at the end of each period, using your mobile operator or Internet operator account, from the date of your initial subscription.
- Credit/debit card: your subscription is billed at the end of each period, using your bank account, from the date of your initial subscription.
- PayPal: your subscription is billed at the end of each period, using your PayPal account, from the date of your initial subscription.
- App Store: your subscription is billed at the end of each period, using the bank account linked to the credit/debit card registered as part of your iTunes account, from the date of your initial subscription.
- Play Store: your subscription is billed at the end of each period, using the bank account linked to the credit/debit card registered as part of your Google account, from the date of your initial subscription.
Watching videos and using mobile data
Once you’ve confirmed your subscription to the package of your choice, you’ll have unlimited access to all the channels included in the package. Access to videos requires a 3G/4G connection or Wi-Fi to ensure very high-quality videos. Video quality depends on the quality of your Internet connection. The application uses a considerable amount of mobile data; we recommend using a Wi-Fi connection.
How can I watch HUMANITY on my TV?
There are several ways to enjoy HUMANITY’s programs on the big screen:
- Android TV: Download the WATCH IT application on your Android TV or Android TV box. Open the application, log in with your HUMANITY login and password and enjoy watching programs on the big screen.
- Airplay/Chromecast: Download the WATCH IT application on your mobile or tablet. Log in to your HUMANITY account. Access the HUMANITY channel and start playing a video. Click on the Airplay/Chromecast button which appears on the video. The device will then start to show the video on your television. Please note: your mobile/tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your media player device (Airplay/Chromecast).
Which devices can be used to watch HUMANITY?
HUMANITY is a service which can be accessed via any device connected to the Internet: a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet or a smartphone. Use any Internet browser to visit the following address: www.humanity.tv. HUMANITY is also available exclusively as part of the WATCH IT service. Download the Apple, Android or Android TV applications to access HUMANITY after using your HUMANITY login and password to log in to the WATCH IT service.
How can I contact the Support team by email?
If you want to contact our Support Team, please send an email to: [email protected].
How can I cancel my HUMANITY subscription?
Do you want to cancel your HUMANITY subscription? It couldn’t be simpler. All you need to do is click on “Unsubscribe” when viewing “My account” on the HUMANITY website. Please note that after cancelling your subscription, you’ll be able to continue watching HUMANITY until the end of your billing period. At the end of this period, your subscription will be cancelled, your account will no longer be debited and you’ll no longer be able to access the service.
I want to delete my account. What do I need to do?
Please send an email to our Technical Support team: [email protected]
How do I enable automatic video playback ?
If your video does not start playing automatically, please check that your browser allows it :
- Click on the menu button>permission>autoplay.
- Click on the first tab and select "allow audio and video".
- Press the safari button>preferences>website.
- Go to the tab for our site and select "always allow".